Saturday, April 4, 2009

Talk about Mobile Development at altnethouston Open Spaces

I'm spending this weekend TALKING about development rather than writing code, and so far it's been a great experience. Most of the groups I've participated in have been about code quality and agile development practices. And I have to admit I've been behind in both those areas for a while now.

But I also convened a discussion about Mobile Development, something I've learned a LOT about recently. As it turned out, none of the people who came to my discussion had any real experience with mobile development yet, they were mostly interested in learning about it. So I ended up giving an impromptu presentation on how the special considerations you need to keep in mind when developing for mobile platforms. Overall, I think it went pretty well.

I've put up some notes about the topics I covered on the houstonaltnet wiki. Maybe I'll refine this and give it as a "real" presentation some day.

No comments: